How to register a new user in PPM Express tenant
There are two ways to register new users in PPM Express:
1. Users can be invited to PPM Express tenant by PPM Express Administrator.
For more details please refer to How to invite users to PPM Express tenant article.
2. Users from the same Office 365 or GSuite tenant can sign up to PPM Express tenant.
To allow users from the same Office 365 or GSuite tenant to sign up to PPM Express tenant, PPM Express Administrator should open the Settings => People Management page and set 'Allow Auto Registration' setting to 'ON' (it is set to 'ON' by default).
📢 PPM Express tenant will be registered once the first user from Office 365 tenant/GSuite signs up. Such user is granted with Administrative permissions by default, i.e. receives access to all components and features provided in PPM Express.
Before users log in to PPM Express, PPM Express Administrator should purchase the required number of user seats via Billing Settings page.
Users that are added to PPM Express may have two types of license (user seats):
- Regular type - users with Regular license type may have a full set of PPM Express permissions. By default users with Regular license type have manage resources permissions and permissions to view all projects and portfolios and edit projects and portfolios they own. PPM Express administrator defines permission level for each user with Regular license type on the People Management page.
- Team Member type - users with Team Member license type have read permissions and view all PPM Express Portfolios and Projects by default. Using 'Collaborate on' permission PPM Express administrator can grant Team Members permission for editing PPM Express tasks. On the People Management page, PPM Express administrator may define what Portfolios and/or Projects exactly these users have permissions to review and/or edit tasks for.
As the required number of the user seat of each type is purchased, users may log in to PPM Express. The users from the same Office 365/GSuite tenant registering in PPM Express will receive access to the same PPM Express tenant, which was initially created by the first user, if there are free user seats within this PPM Express tenant.
As users register in PPM Express, Regular licenses will be assigned first. As all Regular users seats are issued, Team Member licenses will be assigned to the next users further registering in PPM Express. When users are registered in PPM Express, PPM Express Administrator can change the license type and assign the licenses and permissions as required on the People Management page.
Please note: If there are no user seats available withing PPM Express subscription, users will not be able to log in to PPM Express. They will get to the 'Request license' page and can request a license from PPM Express Administrator. As PPM Express Administrator receives a license request from the user, he can purchase more user seats of the required type. After this, the user will be able to log in to PPM Express and the available license type will be assigned to this user.
Users can sign up to PPM Express by the steps below:
"Office 365" option
5. Click Sign Up to finish the sign up process.
Please note: PPM Express requires an Office365/Gmail for Business account. Users within one Office 365 tenant//Gmail for Business can be registered within one PPM Express tenant. The user that registers PPM Express tenant is considered PPM Express tenant admin by default. Please find more details on user management in the People management article.
When the users are registered within your PPM Express tenant, please refer to the How to assign licenses to the users article to assign the required license to each user.