How to create and edit filters
PPM Express provides an ability to create Custom Filters for Portfolios, Projects, Resources, Tasks, Business Challenges pages.
Regardless of the view type selected for these pages, the list of Portfolios, Projects, Tasks, Business Challenges, Resources can be filtered using the Filter field in the right upper part of the page. Using this control item, it is possible to create custom filters.
Creating custom filters
We will review how to create a custom filter for the Projects Page with the status ‘In Progress’ and/or ‘Not Started’, as an example. Following the same steps, but selecting different filter presets, it is possible to create various custom filters for Portfolios, Projects, Resources, Tasks, Business Challenges pages.
To create a filter for projects with the status ‘In Progress’ and/or ‘Not Started’, perform the following:
1. Open Projects Page.
2. Open the Filter option in the right upper part of the page and select New Filter.
3. Provide the Name for your new Filter.
4. Select Manager if needed.
5. Click on the New Filter Attribute button and from the Additional filter item list select Progress.
6. In the Progress filed that appears select In Progress and/or Not Started.
7. Click Save to save the filter.
Once the filter is created, it will be applied to your projects immediately. It is possible to switch to another filter, if needed, at any time.
To Edit or Delete a filter, open the Filter option again and select the corresponding action next to the filter you need to edit or delete.
Copying default filters
Please note: It is not possible to edit default filters in PPM Express, but you can create a copy of a default filter and edit it as required.
We will review how to create a copy out of a default filter and edit it on the Projects page, however, the steps are exactly the same for other pages where filters can be applied.
To edit default filters perform the following:
1. Open Projects page.
2. Select the filter you need to edit from the Filters menu on the right.
Click on this filter to apply it.
3. Click on any filter attribute to open the Configure Filter menu.
4. Add the required attributes to this filter. You can add values to the existing filter values or click New Filter Attribute button and add more attributes as required.
5. Click Create a copy button.
A copy of the existing filter with the attributes you have already added will be created and you can edit it additionally if needed.
Using macros in filters with date fields
PPM Express provides an ability to use macros for the filters that include date fields (both custom and default date fields are supported).
This feature is available on all PPM Expres pages where you can create custom filters.
Using this feature you can make your filters more flexible and avoid editing them from time to time.
The following format is supported for the date fields macros: @today, @today-3d, @today+3d (+1000, -1000 days max).
In this way, you do not need to change the dates in your filter all the time. The system will automatically apply the required dates taking into account your macros.