In this article, we will review the Azure DevOps tasks page, its layout, and detailed information on how the Azure DevOps work items are synchronized to the Azure DevOps tasks page.
Azure DevOps connection is not available for Core plan.
You can review work items synchronized from Azure DevOps on a separate Azure DevOps tasks page in PPM Express.
To access this page perform the following:
1. Open the Project Dashboard of the project where you need to review Azure DevOps work items.
2. Navigate to the Schedule project section and select Azure DevOps tasks by clicking on the corresponding icon on the right.
3. Click on the 'View Tasks from Azure DevOps' button on the Manage card.
Also, if you click on the number of the work items on the Backlog Overviews or Current Iteration cards, the Azure DevOps tasks page will be opened at once and the work items will be filtered out according to the selected work item.
On the Azure DevOps tasks page, you can review all work items synchronized from Azure DevOps.
Please note: The Azure DevOps tasks page is for viewing the work items only, it is not possible to edit the work items on this page. If you need to edit the work items, open them in Azure DevOps, edit them there and run project synchronization in PPM Express, all changes will be present on the Azure DevOps tasks page when the synchronization is completed.
Azure DevOps tasks page includes two sections: Summary and Tasks.
Summary section includes two cards:
Backlog Overviews where you can quickly review completed and open Epics, Features, User Stories, Tasks numbers.
Current iteration (iteration with the 'Started' status) where you can review the number of completed and open Features, User Stories, Tasks, Bugs of the current iteration.
All the numbers on the cards are clickable and can be used to filter out the information in the Tasks section.
To get back to the PPM Express project, click on the project name on the top of the page or on the 'Open PPM Express Project Dashboard' button.
To open PPM Express tasks, click on the 'Manage PPM Express Tasks' button.
To open the Azure DevOps system click on the Azure DevOps icon at the top of the Project Dashboard.
Tasks section includes all work items synchronized from Azure DevOps.
There are two views available: table and timeline.
You can use multiple filters to quickly review the work items you need. You can also create new filters and new views if needed.
Using custom filters you can filter the information by any iteration or area you need to review the information for, etc.
Azure DevOps work items are displayed by the created date, completed work items are always at the bottom of the page.
The work items hierarchy is hidden by default, you can always open the tree to review the child tasks.
Please note: The Start Date and Due Dates will be synchronized according to the Tasks Import settings. To set the values in the Tasks Import settings perform the following:
1. Open the Configure Connection settings => Configure Connection option.
2. Select the Tasks Import option. Click on the pencil-like button next to the required work item and set the mapping rules for the start date and due date.
3. Save the changes.
Azure DevOps fields will be mapped to PPM Expres fields in the following way:
- Assigned To = Assigned To
- Description = Description
- Area Path = Area Path
- Iteration = Iteration Path
- Completed Work = Completed Work
- Remaining Work = Remaining Work
- Original Estimate = Original Estimate
- State = State
- Story Points = Story Points
- Parent = Parent Id
The Progress is synchronized according to the state categories:
- All states in the Proposed category will be synchronized with 0% Progress;
All states in the In Progress category will be synchronized with 50% Progress;
All states in the Completed category will be synchronized with 100% Progress.
Tasks Status is not editable and is set according to the Tasks finish date, taking into account the current date. The following calculation logic is applied:
- On Track - Finish Date is greater or equals Today;
- At Risk - The task is late for less than 10 days (from Today);
- Critical - The task is late for more than 10 days (from Today);
- Done- The task is marked as Completed.
Please note: These default calculation logic rules can be customized on the Insight settings page. If custom rules are set there, the custom logic will be applied to the tasks statuses on the Azure DevOps tasks page.
Please note: If the auto-calculation of Statuses is turned off on the Insights settings page, the Tasks Statuses will be set to N/A for all tasks.
Tasks Priority is not synchronized from Azure DevOps.
The selected tasks can be exported to an Excel file by clicking on the Export button at the top of the Tasks section.