In this article, we will review the Billing settings page and PPM Express available plans.
Billing settings page overview
Billing Settings page allows selecting the PPM Express plan, pay for it, and review subscription information. All changes to the current plan are also performed via the Billing settings page.
PPM Express tenant is registered once the first user from Office 365/GSuite tenant or private google account signs up. Such a user is granted Administrate app permissions by default and receives access to all components and features provided in PPM Express.
When the first user signs up to PPM Express and creates the tenant for the organization, a trial Monthly Professional license will be applied automatically that is valid for 30 days and includes 2 users with Regular license type and 10 users with Team Members license type.
After 30 days PPM Express Administrator will have access only to the Billing settings page if the plan was not selected and paid.
As the license is issued, users can be added to PPM Express. Users that are added to PPM Express may have two types of license:
- Regular - users with the Regular license may have a full set of PPM Express permissions. By default users with the Regular license have manage resources permissions and permissions to view all projects and portfolios and edit projects and portfolios they own. PPM Express administrator defines permission level for each user with the Regular license type on the People Management page.
- Team Member type - users with Team Member license have read permissions and view all PPM Express Portfolios and Projects by default. Using 'Collaborate on' permission PPM Express administrator can grant Team Members permission for editing PPM Express tasks. On the People Management page, the PPM Express administrator may define what Portfolios and/or Projects exactly these users have permissions to review and/or edit tasks for.
To be able to add more users to PPM Express, it is required to obtain a license for the number of users you would like to add to PPM Express. For this purpose, open the settings from the gear button and select the Billing Settings option. This action is available only for PPM Express users who are granted Manage Billing permissions. By default, only the first user who registered PPM Express tenant and has Administrate app permissions will have Manage Billing permissions. This user may grant Manage Billing permissions to other users with a Regular type of license, as required.
Billing settings page includes Subscription information and Available plans.
Subscription information section includes:
- Current Plan section: Core Monthly, Core Annual, Professional Monthly, Professional Annual, or Enterprise;
- Renewal Date section: shows the date when the next payment will occur;
- Regular Seats section: shows the number of users with Regular type of license. The first number will show the number of Regular licenses that are already assigned to PPM Express users, the second number is the total number of available Regular user licenses;
- Team Members Seats section: shows the number of users with the Team Members type of license. The first number will show the number of Team Member licenses that are already assigned to PPM Express users, the second number is the total number of available Team Member user licenses;
- Payment section: shows payment details (amount to be paid according to the selected plan).
Two options are available under the Subscription information section: Manage and Cancel Account.
Manage button opens the Manage subscriptions window where billing information can be updated if needed. It includes:
- Account Information;
- Billing and Shipping address;
- Payment Methods;
- Billing History.
Manage button is available if you are on a Monthly Core/Pro or Annual Core/Pro plan. If you select the Enterprise plan, the manage option will not be available as all payment details information and changes will be managed via the Sales Team.
Cancel Account button is available for users with Administrate app permission only and it allows to delete the whole PPM Express tenant including all information within the tenant, all Portfolios, Projects, Resources/Users as well as billing information.
Please note: If you cancel the account and delete the PPM Express tenant, it will not be possible to restore the PPM Express tenant and all information included in it.
PPM Express available plans
PPM Express provides five plans for selection: Monthly Core plan, Annual Core plan, Monthly Pro plan, Annual Pro plan, Enterprise plan. For detailed information about the functionality that each plan includes please refer to the PPM Express Subscription plans article.
PPM Express Core / Professional Monthly plans are for customers who want flexibility and prefer to pay for licenses every month. The payment will be processed automatically every month from a credit/debit card provided in the Billing&Shipping information and Payment details of the Billing Operations window.
PPM Express Core / Professional Annual plans are for customers who prefer to pay annually and enjoy a discount.
Please note: If you decide to cancel or change the Annual plan for the Monthly plan before the renewal date, the payment is not refundable.
Please note: Professional Plan and Core Plan have different functionality described in the PPM Express Subscription plans article.
PPM Express Enterprise plan is a custom plan for organizations that need enterprise features and/or a large number of users (over 30 users). Customers can buy Enterprise plans by contacting the Sales Team by clicking the Contact us button in the Enterprise plan and send all the details to the Sales Team, you will receive a payment order.
Please note: If the next payment is not performed after the Renewal Date for the Monthly Core/Pro or Annual Core/Pro plan, PPM Express Administrator will be able to access the Billing page only. When the payment is applied, full functionality will become available again.
For the Enterprise plan, there will be a grace period.
If the required amount is not paid before the end of the grace period and you are on the Enterprise plan, users will be able to log in to PPM Express, but PPM Express functionality will no longer be available for the users. Only PPM Express users with Administrate app permissions will have access to PPM Express Billing Settings page and can select Annual or Monthly plan or contact our Sales Team to pay for the Enterprise plan.
As the required amount is paid, users will be able to use the full PPM Express functionality again.
You can always change the number of users within your subscription plan if required. For more details, please refer to How to change the number of users in the current subscription plan article.
To change your current subscription to a different one, please refer to the How to change the PPM Express subscription plan article.