Azure DevOps Connection
This article describes which data is synchronized to the PPM Express project from an imported/linked Azure DevOps.
In case when PPM Express project is connected to an Azure DevOps project, the following PPM Express project sections will be populated with data synchronized from Azure DevOps:
In the Summary section, the Timeline and Progress display data synchronized from Azure DevOps, showing the project progress.
Progress – shows the number of work items in the project, where the first number corresponds to the number of work items with status “Closed” and the second number corresponds to the total number of entities.
By default, project progress is calculated by User Stories for projects created under the Agile process and by Tasks for projects created under Basic, Scrum and CMMI processes.
Alternatively, you can enable state mapping of work items. Please find more details here.
This section displays iterations that exist in Azure DevOps and iterations created in PPM Express.
For the detailed information on data synchronization logic to the iterations section, please refer to this article.
New iterations can be added manually and will be displayed alongside with iterations synchronized from Azure DevOps.
Timeline and table views are available for Iterations. By default timeline view is displayed, but you can switch to the table view any time if needed.
In the iterations section the following information is synchronized and displayed:
- Iteration title – corresponds to the Iteration title in Azure DevOps
- State – displays the state of the Iteration: Closed, Started, Not Started.
All past iterations are displayed as Closed.
Current Iteration is displayed as Started.
All future iterations and Iterations with no dates are displayed as Not Started.
User Stories– displays the number of user stories in the iteration, where
- the first number corresponds to the number of closed User Stories
- the second number corresponds to the total amount of User Stories in the iteration
- Features - displays the number of features in the iteration similar to User Stories
- Start Date – corresponds to the Start date of the iteration
- Finish Date – corresponds to the Finish date of the iteration
Additionally, the following OOB columns can be added to be displayed from the Configure columns section:
Tasks – displays the number of Tasks in the iteration similar to User Stories.
Bugs – displays the number of bugs in the iteration similar to User Stories.
Description – displays the iteration description of iterations created in PPM Express only.
Team section displays a list of all resources assigned to the project with a number of bugs and tasks assigned to each resource grouped by Task/Bug state.
For detailed information on data synchronization logic to the teams section, please refer to this article.
By default, PPM Express displays Team members from the current iteration.
To change this, select any specific iteration, and members assigned to tasks in the selected iteration will be displayed.
As an option, you can select "Entire Project" - in this case, team members assigned to tasks in the entire project disregarding iterations will be displayed.
This section shows the number of issue types considering issue type status.
For detailed information on data synchronization logic to the schedule section, please refer to this article.
To review the details for the work item types synchronized from Azure DevOps there is a separate Azure DevOps tasks page.
Work Items calculation logic
- Work Items with Hidden state are not calculated, i.e. in case the task has a state that is set as Hidden, this work item will not be calculated
- Work Items of Removed state category are not calculated
Please note: Any custom state created under the Removed state category will not be calculated.
- In case the PPM Express project is linked to the Epic, this Epic is not calculated in the PPM Express project.