User interface layout
In this article, we will review the general interface layout in PPM Express.
1. Home button and navigation bar.
2. PPM Express Settings menu. Gives access to People management, Sync settings, and OData Management and Report Management pages.
3. Help section button.
4. User account menu. It contains Sign out option.
Left navigation bar
5. Search menu. Allows searching for specific portfolios, projects, and resources.
6. Expand left navigational menu button. Expands or collides left navigational menu.
7. Portfolios button.
8. Projects button.
9. Resources button.
Common page elements
10. New dropdown. Allows quickly adding a new Project, Portfolio or Resource.
11. Actions dropdown. Lists available actions for the current page.
12. Reports dropdown. Lists available Power BI reports. Click the report title and you will be redirected to the report in a new tab if you have configured external Power BI reports.
13. Work view/Cost view selector. If the card view (13) is selected for the current page, switches between the Cost and Work representation. On the Configurable table/Timeline general views, allows configuring page representation.
14. Card/Configurable table/Timeline general view switch. Changes current page representation.
15. Sort elements dropdown. Allows sorting elements on the page.
16. Filter dropdown. Allows filtering elements on the page and creating new filter presets.
Please refer to this article to find information about warnings in PPM Express.