Release Notes - PPM Express
Release Notes 2.17 @ July 13, 2020
- Fix for the case when 'Invalid Date' message is displayed on the Import Key Dates panel if browser language is not English.
Release Notes 2.16 @ July 8, 2020
- Action Items and Key Decisions sections were added to the Portfolio Details page.
- Fix for cursor jumping when editing filter name.
- Fix for the case when Office 365 users with uppercase letters in the principal name did not receive email notifications.
Release Notes 2.15 @ July 2, 2020
- Jira Server connection is now supported by PPM Express. You can add Jira Server connection to PPM Express and import projects from Jira Server or link your existing PPM Express projects to Jira Server.
- Import Key Dates form Jira is now supported. This functionality allows importing items from Jira to PPM Express as key dates.
- The Key Dates that were imported from any of the external systems can be deleted from the section header directly.
Release Notes 2.14 @ June 24, 2020
Release Notes 2.13 @ June 19, 2020
- A new report parameter - 'ODataFeedsContainAllFields' was added to External Power BI reports. This parameter allows including PPM Express custom fields to the reports by changing the report Data Model.
- A new PPM Express Executives Report Pack is now available which was designed specifically for Executives Team.
- The 'Dataset refresh time' option on the 'About' page displays date and time in the UTC time (GMT timezone).
- 'Strategic Priorities' report was redesigned to provide a clear view of how project priorities correspond to the organizational ones.
- Fix for the 'Decision Matrix' report. 'Score' column got removed from Project Priorities Matrix.
Release Notes 2.12 @ June 11, 2020
- Custom field deletion is now supported. It allows deleting any custom field and its related data.
- Tasks dependency option was added to the Task Management page. It allows setting up dependencies (predecessors) across your tasks.
Release Notes 2.11 @ June 2, 2020
- It is now possible to create public or/and private views and filters on PPM Express pages.
- Warnings are always disabled for projects where project progress is set to 'On-hold'/'Canceled' and for Portfolios with 'Inactive' portfolio stage.
Release Notes 2.10 @ May 29, 2020
- PPM Express warnings can now be disabled for the whole tenant or per project/portfolio.
- It is now possible to create and save multiple configuration layouts of the Project, Portfolio, Business Challenges, Ideas, Resources details pages.
- Macros support was added to the date fields in all filters across PPM Express. You can now apply macros while creating new projects, portfolios, tasks, etc. filters.
Release Notes 2.09 @ May 26, 2020
- Total number of PPM Express tasks/number of completed tasks is now displayed on the PPM Express tasks logo of the Summary project section.
- Editing of PPM Express tasks, key dates, iterations, etc. became easier. The editing window is now opened by clicking on the required task, iteration, key date, etc.
Release Notes 2.08 @ May 22, 2020
- 'In Progress' PPM Express tasks can be sent to PPM Express Time automatically. Now users can report the time spent on their PPM Express tasks in PPM Express Time.
- It is now possible to select Resources instead of Users in the 'Assigned to' field of 'Issues' and 'Risks' project/portfolio sections.
- External system icons are now clickable on the Projects page (card and table views). Clicking on the external system icon the project in the external system will be opened in a new tab.
Release Notes 2.07 @ May 19, 2020
- 'Tags' field was added to the Details section of Projects, Portfolios, Tasks, Resources, Business Challenges, and Ideas. It allows creating tags to categorize things and make the filtering of PPM Express entities easier and faster.
- An ability to create a project filter automatically on portfolio creation was added. If this option is selected and the filter is created, projects can be viewed/filtered by this portfolio on the Projects page.
- PPM Express internal tasks are now supported in Power BI Reports.
- An ability to disable auto-calculation of statuses per portfolio/project was added.
- Fix for project icon that was minimized if the title is too long.
Release Notes 2.06 @ May 12, 2020
- Auto-calculation of Project tasks Statuses was added to PPM Express.
- Auto-calculation of tasks and key dates Statuses can be now disabled using the auto-calculation settings on the Insights page. It is also possible to set the custom calculation rules using these settings.
- If the project is connected to any of the external systems, the tasks and team from the external system will be shown first on the Schedule and Team section of the Project Details page (you can switch to PPM Express tasks/team using the corresponding buttons on these sections).
- Portfolio/project status update page has changed. It became easier and faster to perform the changes on this page.
Release Notes 2.05 @ May 06, 2020
- An ability to create Key Dates from PPM Express tasks was added. Just toggle the 'Is Milestone' switch to 'On' while creating or editing your tasks.
- An ability to import any Azure DevOps work item type (default or custom) as PPM Express project was added.
- It is now possible to copy decision matrix and strategic alignment from idea to project if the project is initiated from this idea.
- “Strategic Priorities” and “Decision Priorities” reports were added to PPM Express Power BI Reports (available from the report Home page on the Innovation Management tab).
- The logic of retrieving Planner plans from Planner to PPM Express improved.
- An ability to change the timeframe on the timeline view was added for PPM Express tasks. It is now possible to review the task on the timeline by days/weeks/months/quarters/years.
- It is now possible to change PPM Express task start/finish dates on timeline view directly (by dragging the timeline to the required date).
Release Notes 2.03 @ April 29, 2020
- An ability to link PPM Express project to any work item type (default or custom) for Azure DevOps connection was added.
Release Notes 2.01 @ April 23, 2020
- 'Cancelled' option was added to the 'Progress' project field of the Details section in PPM Express.
- The fields of Impact type are now displayed as numbers in OData.
- An unnecessary hint about mapping transformation rules on the fields mapping screen was removed from the Azure DevOps connection.
- Additional validation of the values provided in the project fields of a 'Slider' type was added.
Release Notes 2.0 @ April 21, 2020
- Auto-calculation of Key Date status was added to PPM Express. All Key Dates (project and portfolio) are calculated automatically from now on. Please refer to this article for information about the auto-calculation logic.
- Email Notifications were added to PPM Express. This feature allows receiving daily and weekly summary notifications (projects and portfolios) by email.
Release Notes 1.03 @ April 9, 2020
- A default task group 'Backlog' was added. All newly created tasks will be added to this group by default.
- Drag and Drop option is now available for the tasks timeline view.
- Total number of tasks in the tasks group is changed to show the completed number/all tasks number.
- 'Add Group' button name was changed to 'Manage Group'.
- Fix for saving the selected view on the tasks page after the page reload.
Release Notes 1.02 @ April 3, 2020
- Project Strategic Alignment and Project Score were added to PPM Express OData.
- Business Challenges and Ideas Overview reports were added to PPM Express Power BI reports (available from the Home page).
- The groups pane on the project tasks page can now be opened by clicking the group name.
- A possibility to select all tasks within one group on the project tasks page was added.
- Fix for ‘Late’, ‘Today’ and ‘This Week’ counters calculation in the Summary tiles of the project tasks page.
- Fix for importing the task statuses while importing tasks to from csv. file.
- Fix for the background color of the late task indicator on the project tasks page.
Release Notes 1.01 @ March 25, 2020
- Task Management was added to PPM Express. It is now possible to create and manage tasks on the Project tasks page. Learn more in our blog post.
- Business Challenges and Ideas were added to PPM Express OData.
- Statuses mapping improved for Project Online connection. It is now possible to map PPM Express project status values to the project custom fields values in Project Online.
- Fix for duplicating Office 365 groups in case of automatic Planner Plan creation by PPM Express.
Release Notes 0.32 @ March 10, 2020
- A new “Project Dashboard” Power BI report was added to the “Reports” menu that is available for each project.
- A new “Detailed Project Dashboard” Power BI report was added to the “Reports” menu that is available for each project.
- Summary notifications for Microsoft Teams app are now sent on one notification card.
- Power BI reports initialization logic was changed.
- The logic of importing Key Dates from Project Online has changed. It is now possible to import Project Online tasks as Key Dates to PPM Express projects.
- Fix for Office365 connector (Truncate group mailNickName length).
Release Notes 0.30 @ February 17, 2020
- New project section ‘Time’ was added to the Project Details page. It allows reviewing reported time from PPM Express Time.
Release Notes 0.28 @ February 10, 2020
- Microsoft Teams connection was added to the 'Work Together' connection type. This feature allows sending notifications to the linked Microsoft Teams channels.
Release Notes 0.27 @ February 3, 2020
- Import Key Dates from Planner feature was added. This feature allows importing Tasks from Planner as Key dates to PPM Express.
Release Notes 0.26 @ January 28, 2020
- Data synchronization logic for Azure DevOps has changed and is now based on team configuration.
Release Notes 0.25 @ January 13, 2020
- Import key dates from Azure DevOps feature was added. This feature allows importing Work Item types from Azure DevOps as Key dates to PPM Express.
- Fix for project sort order on the Portfolio timeline view.
Release Notes 0.24 @ December 30, 2019
- Export/import project sections items to/from .csv file is now supported.
- The latest selected filter on the Projects or Portfolios page is now saved. As you switch between PPM Express pages, the filter will be saved until it is changed.
- Fix for Power BI reports navigation to the Home page.
- Fix for Power BI reports sorting of the projects in the “Portfolio Projects Overview” report.
Release Notes 0.23 @ December 20, 2019
- “Manage external connections” permission was added to People Management page. It allows granting permissions to users for creating/refreshing connections in PPM Express.
- OAuth authentication type is now available while adding Project Online connection to PPM Express.
Release Notes 0.22 @ December 11, 2019
- A possibility to create a project in Project Online from PPM Express directly while linking PPM Express project to Project Online project was added.
- New states ‘N/A’ and ‘Done’ were added to portfolio, projects and key date statuses.
- Status history is now available for project and portfolio statuses. It allows to track when and who updated the status.
- Power Bi reports support new ‘N/A’ and ‘Done’ status states.
- A possibility to change the currency for PPM Express tenant was added.
- Data from the Resource Plan section is now available in Odata.
- Fix for warnings. The warning icon about data inconsistency for the fields that are not enabled in the project or portfolio sections will not be displayed.
Release Notes 0.21 @ November 28, 2019
- Strategic Priority solution is now available in PPM Express. It allows adding strategic priorities on the organizational level. Also, you can decide how they impact projects, portfolios, and ideas.
- Strategic Alignment section is now available on the Portfolio, Project and Idea Details pages.
- Decision Matrix section is now available on the Project and Idea Details pages.
- The design of the following Power Bi reports has changed: ‘Project Iterations’, ‘Project Key Dates’, ‘Project Issues’, ‘Project Risks’, ‘Portfolio Risks’, ‘Portfolio Issues’, ‘Portfolio Key Dates’, ‘Enterprise Key Dates’.
Release Notes 0.20 @ November 14, 2019
- ChargeBee Billing Operations System was integrated into PPM Express. Billing Settings page was added to perform and manage payment operations.
Release Notes 0.19 @ November 7, 2019
- Demand and Ideation Management solution is now available in PPM Express. It allows team members to submit their ideas, project requests, change requests or suggestions for improvements within business challenges.
- Fix for the warning when the project has tasks and Project Progress is set to 0%.
- Fix for the warning when Project Progress is set to 100%.
- Fix for filtering data by Resource/User fields with multi-selection.
Release Notes 0.18 @ November 5, 2019
- Support line breaks for multiple text fields in grid view;
- Project progress ‘On Hold’ was added;
- New default issue category values were added (Technology, External, Organizational, Project Management);
- The navigation panel on the left was updated for users with restricted permissions.
- Fix for warnings if project stages are not default;
- Fix for warning when Project Stage is not consistent with Project Progress
Release Notes 0.17 @ October 24, 2019
- A quiz was added to the tenant registration screen;
- ‘Canceled’ and ‘Suspended’ project stages were added;
- New Portfolio and Project field ‘Benefit’ was added.
- Improvement for multiline feature in text custom fields;
- Improvement for multichoice feature in ‘resource/user’ custom fields;
- Only selected and required fields will be displayed on the 'Configure fields' menu, all other fields will be hidden under the 'Show more' option.
- Fix for calculation logic of the completed tasks in warnings;
- Fix for OData in case custom field name contains specific characters.
Release Notes 0.16 @ October 10, 2019
- Warnings for portfolios and projects were added to notify users about data inconsistency in portfolios and projects if any.
- The bullet list in the status description of portfolios and projects is now supported.
- Fix for columns order in “Portfolio Projects Details” Power Bi report.
- Fix for the default layout when applied to the section when the master project has been created before the release of this section.
Release Notes 0.15 @ September 26, 2019
- Demo data was added to Portfolios, Projects, and Resources pages and will be available for users right after the first registration of PPM Express tenant. 'Import' wizard after the first registration of PPM Express tenant was removed.
- Import Projects and Import Resources options are now available from the Actions drop-down on Portfolios, Projects and Resources pages.
Release Notes 0.14 @ September 9, 2019
- 'Invite People' feature is now available. It allows to invite new users to PPM Express tenant by sending them invitations via email;
- “Portfolio vs Projects Costs” Power BI report is now accessible from the Portfolio card menu.
- Progress calculation logic for Jira connection is now based on Jira Issue Type Category.
- Fix for data synchronization for Projects with more than 20000 tasks (applies to Azure DevOps connection).
Release 0.13 @ August 27, 2019
- Projects bulk deletion is now available. Using this feature it is possible to delete a number of Projects at one go.
- Timeline in the Summary section on Portfolio Details page and in Iterations section on Project Details page became more informative and convenient to review;
- Power BI reports were added to the following Project sections on Project Details page: “Lessons Learned”, “Action Items”, “Key Decisions”, “Steering Committee”, “Change Requests". These reports are also accessible from Projects card menu now.
Release 0.12 @ August 14, 2019
- NEW – implemented ability of the portfolios bulk deletion
- NEW – implemented ability of the resources bulk deletion
- NEW – implemented ability to copy project
- NEW – added new “Sponsor” project field to Details section
- IMPROVEMENT – implemented the ability to change project and portfolio section order
- IMPROVEMENT – OData management and Report management pages are merged into one
- IMPROVEMENT – default Risk Categories list is extended with new values
- IMPROVEMENT – timeline redesign
Power BI reports:
- IMPROVEMENT – long description is displayed fully
Release 0.11 @ August 5, 2019
- NEW – implemented ability to delete portfolio or project from the details page
- NEW – implemented ability to link several external projects to one PPM Express project
Power BI reports:
- IMPROVEMENT – implemented the ability to open “Idea Stage Projects” report from UI
- NEW – added “Lessons Learned”, “Action Items”, “Key Decisions”, “Steering Committee”, “Change Requests” reports
Hotfix @ August 2, 2019
- FIX – handle Jira API changes
Release 0.10 @ July 22, 2019
- NEW – added 'Lessons learned', 'Action items', 'Key decisions', 'Steering Committee', 'Change Requests' sections to Projects Details Page;
- NEW – implemented ability to save/apply project or portfolio configuration layout;
- NEW – added 'Manage Configuration' permission to 'People Management';
Azure DevOps connector:
- FIX – the logic of the work items retrieving in case linking of the project to epic
Release 0.9 @ July 8, 2019
- IMPROVEMENT – configure columns on the timeline: added possibility to add/remove columns to table part of timeline view
Azure DevOps connector:
- NEW – State Mapping and Calculation settings
- IMPROVEMENT – possibility to define work items based on which project progress will be calculated
- NEW – allow Office365 tenant admin to consent ppm express permissions without giving his token
Release 0.8 @ June 14, 2019
- NEW – Synchronization status view;
- IMPROVEMENT – added functionality to edit lookup fields;
- IMPROVEMENT – added functionality to display milestones that origin from Project Online on timeline view;
- IMPROVEMENT – added Project Stage field to timeline view
Azure DevOps connector:
- NEW – fields mapping functionality when linking PPMX Project to Azure DevOps Epic
Release 0.7 @ May 29, 2019
- IMPROVEMENT – Token management (added functionality to manage tokens)
- NEW – added functionality to merge resources
- NEW – added permission for ‘Budget’ section
- NEW – added functionality to define statuses per portfolio
- NEW – added functionality to define statuses per project
- NEW – added functionality to link Office365 group to portfolio
Azure DevOps connector:
- IMPROVEMENT – work items of the Hidden state are not included in the calculation.
- IMPROVEMENT – work items with any state of Removed category are not included in the calculation
- IMPROVEMENT – all work items from child iterations are included in the calculation if parent iteration is selected
- IMPROVEMENT – ‘epic’ work item is not included in the calculation if PPMX project is linked to it
Release 0.6 @ April 18, 2019
- NEW – Key Dates section (Milestones and Release Dates sections are merged to this one
- NEW – Report Manager
- IMPROVEMENT – ability to sort data in Team and Schedule sections
- NEW – ability to link project to Epic
- IMPROVEMENT – the ability to filter data by sprint in Team and Schedule sections
Azure DevOps connector:
- NEW – ability to link project to Epic
- FIX – support synchronization of the projects with more than 20000 work item types
- IMPROVEMENT – default mapping of the Start/Finish dates in case when the project is linked to Epic
- IMPROVEMENT – the ability to filter data by iteration in Team and Schedule sections
Project Online connector:
- NEW – fields mapping
Release 0.4 @ January 31, 2019
- NEW - Integration with Azure DevOps and Project Online